Friday, August 14, 2009

The Little Door Man

Last night, Jurein and I arrived home from work at about 11:30 PM.
When I opened the gate to let Jurein (on a motorcycle) get in, I heard the doorknob clicked and slowly opened.
My aunt might still be awake, I thought.
It was so dark that we could hardly see.
After our eyes had adjusted to the darkness, we were very surprised to see our son by the door.
And when we entered to see who else was awake, we saw my aunt and uncle sound asleep.
Maybe he was awakened by our noise, or maybe he really was still awake.
Goodness!
The last time we knew, he could lock the knob.
We didn’t know he could already turn the knob and open the door successfully.
Good thing, though, is that we had placed a wooden barrier by the door when he was still learning to walk so that he couldn’t get out.
What we worry now is that he is getting taller and he’ll very soon be able to climb over it one day with nobody around to notice.

Oh, how time flies so fast!

1 comment:

Pats said...

hehe little man na si zyle... ;)