Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Cake for Mais' 2xth Bday


I decorated a cake for the first time today.
The birthday celebrator requested me to bake a chocolate cake for her with a “happy birthday” written on it.
I’ve been mastering my chocolate cake but never have I tried to put decorations on it other than its frosting.
It was a pleasure to bake for her, but I was hesitant with the decoration part since I don’t know how to make an icing.
Nonetheless, how could I say NO if it would be my only gift for her knowing that she was the one who bought most of the ingredients?
So I asked my mom via SMS on how to make an icing, but her instructions was unclear.
I had no choice but to regard it as an experiment.
Since I only had a few hours to finish it, I only used candy decors.
And for added fun, I bought a magic candle ( A special candle which automatically relights after the flame is blown out. The flame will only be completely extinguished after the candle is put in water).
I was amused with my simple work and was very glad that Mais liked it.
She was very much amazed with the magic candle that she even kept it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAIS!

No comments: