Saturday, January 31, 2009

..and I read again..

Twilight is a must-see movie but watching it in a movie theatre is too pricey for me. I think it has been 2 years since I grabbed money from my pocket to watch a good movie in a movie house. I only watched when it was for free. Hence, I only settled myself to watch it on a small screen. Yet, I need to see it again since I wasn’t able to see Edward's skin which “shines like diamonds” when he steps into the sun. Thanks to the unclear dvd-copy from the Moro’s store.

Last January 5, Mais sent me e-books of Twilight Saga--Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn. I must admit that reading is not my craze. I wasn’t even sure then that I could read them. If I remember it right, the last book that I read was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and mind you, it was 5 years ago. It’s a frustration that I haven’t even read the whole set. Maybe it’ll be soon. And guess what? In my lifetime, I think I have only read less than 10 books. I pity myself!

I remember when I was still in high school. My big sis was a book worm (I don’t know if she is until now) and I am her exact opposite. I envy her every time she gets to finish a book while I don’t even get myself to start a page. It’s not really my thing. But one time, she was able convinced me to read Sidney Sheldon’s Morning, Noon & Night—the first book I ever read. (Not until yesterday that I learned that the writer wasn’t a girl after I checked the net for the correct spelling of the writer’s name—I just felt so stupid!) After I finished reading, it was only then that I realized that it was already night and that I have skipped lunch. My mind surely got entirely lost in the story. It was no doubt a good one. Thanks to sis for the successful persuasion.

When I was in ELREW class (the English course I took early this year), I was inspired by Lora again. She is one of the best English speakers I've known. She was also the trainer for PAPE (Personal and Professional Excellence) that our department, IMDS, went through last July 2008 wherein I learned “The Seven Habits” but have not yet totally lived with it. The training has helped me see the two sides of a coin. This time, Lora was talking about the English skill we already have. We only lack the “one-two-punch” to get it going. She told us that the only way to enhance our skill was to read, read, and read. And this made me decide to read the Twilight Saga.

Sorry to say, Twilight Saga made be useless at home for the past 3 weeks. I was addicted that made my heart, my mind, and my soul got lost in the story. I guess it’s my weakness when I read a book. It really got into my system that even in my dreams Edward was one of the casts. It was a good thing that I have seen the movie first because I could picture out their faces—most especially Edward Cullen’s! (hahaha.. obsessed na!) I truly bow down to Stephenie Meyer and all the writers for having such creative minds--wild imaginations. They get to make a brilliant connection from one thing to the next. Just marvelous! Well, it’s really a talent.

Now, I miss reading Twilight . I miss Edward.

1 comment:

i am nobe. said...

i miss edward too.

love,
nobe

www.deariago.blogspot.com
www.nobe112681.blogspot.com
www.babyproblogger.blogspot.com