Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Bayot in Me

It was June 1994, during the ASMS La Salle’s morning assembly on the first day of classes when I first saw this good-looking guy.
He was from another pod and their room was in front our pod’s room.
Almost all eyes were on this new comer.
The boys seem to look insecure.
The girls seem so awestruck.
I thought at that moment that this guy would very soon be the campus crush.
Yes, I wasn’t mistaken. Yet, everybody was in dismay because he is so cute to be gay.

He became my friend and my friends’ friend.
Along with this new friend was this new, fun, and very interesting language --the gay language.
Others call it “gay lingo”.
Many call it “binayot”.
Because of this, I got a new name: “Aneir”.

To Retsked, wherever you are thank you for bringing out the bayot in me.

College life was doubled fun.
The binayot was overflowing.
Just imagine the existence of two naughty gay classmates and the cool way they could make with the words.
This time, my name evolved to “Anirsor”.

To Isse and Ydnar, thanks for polishing the bayot in me.

Then I met this gentleman.
He thought that the gay lingo was fun and so he learned it.
Actually, he was great with the basics in less than 12 hours.
In just a few days, he was fairly an expert.
Maybe I was a good instructor.
Or perhaps he made sure to be good in it to win me.
Good plan.
It worked.

To my Hubby, thanks for continually giving life to the bayot in me.

1 comment:

kurab said...

me not so avtoy. but i think israel is still very cute..