Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bad Mommy Moments

Bad Mommy Moments
BS#4 How To Say It
5-7mins.

PVTMC Humorous Speech Contest Piece
September 6, 2013


I, Rina Rose Tacoloy, plead guilty to the charge of being a bad mommy!
               
Can I see the hands of the mommies here?
Have there been times when you can say that you are a bad mommy?
A few times? Many times? I’m pretty sure it is not all the time!

Tonight, I will spill the beans and then you can compare notes!

We all say babies are cute– even though, honestly, we all know that not all of them are!
Agree?
One time, I found my newborn son very adorable after staring at him for a couple of minutes.
I told myself that this boy has a big possibly of making it to the big screen.
What a lucky boy! He surely has gotten the good genes from me!
Then, I thought of taking a picture of the sleeping beauty.
I grabbed my camera and said “smile”.
But when I pressed the button, the camera slipped from my hand and went straight to my son’s forehead.
The sleeping beauty turned into a roaring beast!
Tsk tsk tsk! Bad Mommy!

Babies hate flatulence just like the adults do.
Flatulence is having the gas inside the tummy and we feel pain.
Flatulence really makes my firstborn go wild- so wild that, my father once wanted to take him to the hospital.
As anti-flatulence, I believe in the power of Manzanilla. I believe you are all familiar with it.
There was one episode when his scream really made me panic.
I had to run at a superhuman speed just to get the Manzanilla from the other room and then back to where he was.
As soon as I arrived, I immediately massaged it on his tummy.
After massaging the oil, he screamed even louder!
What could be wrong? And then I realized that the scent was different.
I looked at the bottle. EFFICASCENT OIL -  EXTRA STRENGTH.
Goodness gracious!
I had to bathe him in the middle of the night to remove the efficascent oil from his body!
Due to excessive screaming, he almost lost his voice!
And the next day, he had a red and peeled-off tummy skin.
Tsk tsk tsk! Bad Mommy!

One time when I was babysitting my child, I felt the need to pee.
Since he was sleeping soundly, I sneaked out quickly and went into the bathroom.
When I came back, he was already awake BUT was slowly rolling towards the edge of the bed.
I ran as quickly as I could to catch him.
Unfortunately, my foot got stuck at one leg of the bed and I stumbled before I could reach him.
He had a very big bump on his forehead – thanks to me!
Tsk tsk tsk! Bad Mommy!
  
I plead guilty for being one of the moms who are overextended, exhausted, multi-tasked out and guilt- ridden.
With all this juggling and struggling, certainly a ball gets dropped every now and then.
Yet, I just laugh at my imperfect parenting because I know that every bad mommy moment is a great learning experience!

To my kids – I’m sorry, I’m very sorry, I truly am sorry for being a BAD MOMMY!

No comments: